Friday, March 21, 2008

The Beginning

So I suppose you could say that my craft exploits really developed during college. I am currently wasting away in my second semester, but the crafts help me to get through it. Why this room itself has helped me great through 2 different roomates

It all really started before college (I did a lot of hand sewing in high school), but my mom and I got really bored one summer and we went shopping for my future dorm room. Needless to say, it is probably the most decorated of all the guy rooms on campus. It makes for good small talk.

Many of these goodies came from family members. My mom and my brother both made pillows for me and I made the small rug that can be seen under my backpack. And certainly I have to send many thanks to my mom for her hours of sweat shop work on the quilt. It is after all the focal point of my room. Yes, I guess my family consists of some crafting freaks. My other brother and my poor dad have had to sit through various long discussions of sewing. Oh well.

No comments: