Sunday, March 30, 2008

A container? Yes. Of what, I'm not sure...

So I finished my next part of my current sculpture project, but I am not exactly sure what it is. I sewed my red linen to foam and chicken wire to make a container, which was what we were told to make. It turned out to look like a few things. I have gotten, one of those Alaskan baby pouch things, a mouth of a worm, a phallic symbol, among others. I think I have an idea of what I am going for when I combine the three pieces, but I will have to wait until after I make the final component. I have to connect my components with the last material I chose, which was aluminum foil. I think I can make it work...

Lovely decoration in the background, no (I see my toe made it into the shot as well...)? Well actually, my room is currently a mess because I am getting ready to move all my crap from room to room. My parents graciously piled all of the stuff I will need for my next semester (I am working on campus over the summer) in my room. I also made sure that my mom's old sewing machine was brought back with me, so that now I can be the weird roommate who sews on their machine in the common room. I am alright with that. I mean, I have to wear the name of Campus Crafter with pride, right?

No comments: