Saturday, September 27, 2008

Shit Face

I have been wanting to make a small quilt for awhile, and after seeing this "Face" series by Regina Alexandra, I wanted to get my grubby little hands on one just like them. Since they are probably really expensive, and they didn't look too hard to make, I decided to fashion one myself from my own design. Considering I don't have a rotary cutter and board, or a space for cutting, I think it turned out quite well. I have managed to do quite well in this little room, and maybe someday I will be able to make a bigger quilt.

The quilt has a few sad problems. Of coarse since it was my first quilt, the construction is a little wonky. The color blue I chose for it is the wrong shade of blue, but I guess there is nothing wrong in adding another color to the room. Also, it is hard to see, but the thought bubble is embroidered with the word shit, mainly because I wanted to be able to call the quilt "Shit Face."

Here is what the back looks like:

1 comment:

Bugsy said...

You are a very creative guy! Love the quilt! Its almost fate that those suit cases you found match it! Kudos!